Updated: 8:29 PM UTC, Jul 16, 2017

Lily of the Valley - Be Aware of Its Deadly Dangers

Few are aware that this delicate and aromatic flower can be a killer. Highly toxic, if ingested in considerable quantities, will necessitate a visit to the emergency room and in the worse case scenario can lead to cardiac arrest.

It is, therefore, important to be prudent (especially with children) and to realize that even the water in a vase holding a sprig is toxic. All parts of the plant are toxic because of the presence of convallarine, convallamarine and convallatoxin.

You Might Also Like

Write a comment...
awesome comments!